GROUND HANDLING SERVICES FOR CRUISE LINES
From the moment your guests disembark in Port of Spain–Trinidad, or in Tobago, Scarborough and Charlottesville, Island Experiences gives you the professional and reliable on-shore service you need. From exciting eco-tours to cultural shows with excellent local entertainment, simple city tours and beach trips with local culinary delights – our many years in the cruise ship industry gives us the experience needed to provide the impeccable service your guests expect. We know we can provide your guests with the Island Experience of a lifetime!
We provide the following services:
- Home porting service
- Sightseeing Tours
- Adventure and Eco tours
- Cultural Tours and Local Entertainment
- Special Interest Tours
- Themed Events
- Other Destination Management Services
Our main focus is customer satisfaction – of course. We stay in touch with upcoming trends and developments on the market to remain sensitive to the needs of our guests.
We constantly train new tour guides to satisfy the growing demand of larger cruise ships. And we aim to create new exciting excursions with the utmost precision and customisation to ensure our customer’s satisfaction. We also liaise with our other local service providers, constantly sensitizing them to current demands, to create the best product possible.
- Guides – our guides are professionally trained, experienced, hospitable and well groomed. We take great pride in being able to provide a large number of professional multi-lingual guides on both islands. Our most important assets! J We can provide a sizeable amount of experienced German speaking guides.
- Transportation – we have excellent relationships with transport providers on both islands and maintain regular checks on both vehicles and drivers – constantly working to improve standards
- Timing of excursions – we update our tours according to traffic situations and other important factors to ensure timely stops and returns.
- Port Authority – we maintain excellent relations with both the Port Authorities and Tourism Authorities – on both islands.
- Dispatch – we ensure adequate amount of experienced staff for smooth timely dispatch of excursions. We liaise with ship staff and transport providers until last minute before docking to ensure smooth quick operation.
Accreditation and Membership:
- FCCA (Florida Caribbean Cruise Association)
- TTITOA (Incoming Tour Operators Association of Trinidad & Tobago) Tano Harewood currently holds the position of PRO of this association
- TTHTI (Trinidad and Tobago Hotel and Tourism Association)
- Port Authority of Trinidad and Tobago (registered and approved)
- TTTIC (Trinidad and Tobago Tourism Industry Certification)
Our industry partners include large tour operators as well as many small travel agents from all over the world. As for Cruise shipping – we are the ground handlers for several cruise lines for both Trinidad and Tobago. Our services are multi-lingual.
Cruise Industry Partners:
- TUI Cruises (Mein Schiff 3)
- Hapag Lloyd Kreuzfahrten (Europa / Bremen / Hanseatic)
- Passat Kreuzfahrten (MV Delphin / MS Delphin Voyager)
- Delphin Cruises (MV Delphin / MS Delphin Voyager)
- Hansa Kreuzfahrten (MV Delphin)
- Peter Deilmann Reederei (MV Deutschland)
- Compagnie Du Ponant (Le Levant)
We handled a passenger exchange in 2014 in Port of Spain Trinidad for the Delphin Voyager for 360 passengers. This was successfully completed on short notice on the main days of our Carnival street parade.
For further information and details on excursions please feel free to contact us.
WALK GENTLY ON MOTHER EARTH!
We uphold love and respect for nature and culture as our most important aims.