Central Trinidad – A Mini Island Tourfrom
Experience the diverse culture of our island …immerse yourself in the sights and sounds of a local market, marvel at a massive hindu statue and treat yourself to a “roti”, a local dish you should not miss!
Book online now!
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Tour Style Tour Category
Activity Level Easy
Group Size Small Group
With 40% of Trinidad’s population being of East-Indian descent, we have a rich East Indian heritage. Experience deep Central Trinidad where you visit the main city Chaguanas and its lively fresh produce market & bazaar street. Taste the local fruits! Have a chat with the vendors! Continuing on, explore the 85ft tall statue of of the Hindu deity Lord Hanuman and the adjoining ashram.
Passing through typical countryside you are going to be surprised to see the picturesque Temple in the Sea. It is a typical Trinidadian Hindu temple built on a pier that juts out into the ocean, what an unusual sight and epic photo opportunity! Its’ history will impress you…
The famous “roti” – a culinary delight and a MUST while visiting Trinidad! Your taste buds are tickled by one of the most popular Trinidad dishes, it consists of a crepe-like bread filled with curried meat or vegies. Delicious! Get ready to eat with your hands – or we can provide cutlery for the less adventurous eaters … ☺ (extra cost).
- 9.00am – 2.00pm
- Fresh produce market central Trinidad
- Tour Central Trinidad
- 85ft Hindu statue & ashram
- Hindu temple in the sea (scenic/photo op)
- Traditional cuisine (Roti – cost on own)
Optional at extra cost:
- Tour can be extended to include a visit to a functioning COCOA ESTATE. Traditional Cocoa Production including cocoa house deep in the countryside. Authentic experience.
- Hotel pick up and drop off in Port of Spain/Environs
- Driver guide
- Comfortable casual clothing
- Appropriate clothing for Hindu Temple (no short pants/skirts and covered shoulders)